Monday, June 2, 2014

DIY McCalls Pattern M6744, Sexy Long Split Version

Hey ladies,

Listen here listen here, just let me tell you!

So if you want to get your sexy back or on, then this will be the dress to make. I made this dress to wear to a wedding renewal that my husband and I attended. Oh yes, my husband made it very clear that I'm only to wear this when WE go out. 

I sewed this dress in two days and could have done it in one day if I didn't have so many distractions.

Pattern Description: Pullover dresses have bodice variations, elasticized (seamed) waist, and narrow hem. A, B: Fitted bodice (B is racerback) C, D: Mock wrap, very loose fitting bodice with elasticized shoulders.

McCalls M6744 view D

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing? Yes

Pattern Difficulty: Easy

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, one of the better written patterns.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? My only dislike is the amount of ease, I normally sew anywhere between size 22 and 24. But I sewed a large; the fit was just right! 


Fabric Used: ITY Knit from Gorgeous Fabrics which I can't find online anymore so I'll assume that its sold out. Here are some other suggested fabrics thisthis, or this.

Pattern Cut in Size: Large

Fitting: Spot-On

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made a self belt that definitely put the finishing touches on this dress. 

Would you sew it again? Yes
I envision me in another but will move on to the many other pattens I want to sew for the summer. 

Would you recommend it to others? Yes! It really was easy to sew and would be great for a beginner.

Conclusion: What's not to love about a great maxi for the summer and this one is definitely a must. With the sexy long split, it's not overly revealing but gives you just enough class/sass! 

Accessories: Coach Purse, Kenneth Cole Shoes and Ralph Lauren Sunshades. 

I'm very new to blogging but stay tuned, there will be more exciting things to come as I learn my way in the blogging world.  

Dee's doing it the Plus Style Way!











No comments:

Post a Comment