Tuesday, June 24, 2014

DIY Burda Pattern 7400 Review



Hey ladies,

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. So I was sitting here thinking about what my next post should be on. Should it be a skirt, dress, pants or shirt; what could I possibly post on that will uplift women like myself to find clothing that accentuate any body type. With that being said I decided to go with pants.

I love Burda patterns, their sizes go up to a 34! Yes, they definitely had the plus size women in mind.

Pattern Description: These pants have a comfortable waistband of rib knit fabric, forwarded side seams, and in-seam pockets. View A has wide, straight legs, view B has wide hem bands. Both are truly stylish.

Burda Style 7400 view B

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing? Somewhat, the only different is with the elastic waist and ankle band.

Pattern Difficulty: Easy

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the loose, baggy fit. No dislikes!

Fabric Used: Reversible bottom weight fabric from Joann's Fabric here. Same fabric in a different color can be found here.

Pattern Cut in Size: 28/30, but could have made it in the 24/26.


Fitting: Good 


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened the pant legs by 2 inches, I also added a 2 inch wide elastic band for the waist and at the end of each pant leg.

Would you sew it again? Yes 

Would you recommend it to others? Yes!

Conclusion: I really like the loose baggy fit and I love the fact that the sizes go up to a 34.

Accessories: White T-Shirt from Target, Ugg Shoes and Burberry Sunshades.


Special thanks to my daughters Khameren for styling me; who also wants to be a future stylist and Khouri for being my photographer. I couldn't do this without them being on my team.

Dee's doing it the Plus Style Way!










No comments:

Post a Comment