Monday, June 16, 2014

DIY Vogue DKNY Pattern V1027

To my Queens,

Can I be real for a moment? When you walk, do everything on you shake, rattle or move? What are you wearing underneath your clothing to help control the movement? If you're considering making this dress then you should also consider your undergarments as well. For me I'm wearing a high waisted brief, which helps with control as well as legs rubbing together. I'm also wearing the Butterfly Plunge Bra sold at Ashley Stewart. The plunge bra is the style of bra you should be wearing with this type of neckline dress.

For me, wearing undergarments has become an important part of my daily routine. It really helps to accentuate any body type as well as unnecessary movement.

I'm tired of seeing women with either no undergarments on or the wrong undergarments on. It's just as important to look good underneath than what people see on the outside.



Pattern Description: Misses' Dress Calf length dress has semi-fitted, pleated and lapped bodice, bias skirt with inseam pockets and stitched hems.

Vogue 1027 DKNY 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing? Yes, except mine is shorter.

Pattern Difficulty: Easy

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
I love how the bodice fit closely to your body and love love how the skirt flares out immediately after the bodice. No dislikes!

Fabric Used: ITY Crinkle Tie Dye Knit from Low Price Fabric which can be found here. Same 
fabric in a different color can be found here

Pattern Cut in Size: 22

Fitting: Spot-On


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened the dress 5 inches, I wanted a 

more flirty dress and I decided not to add pockets.

Would you sew it again? Yes, eventually but no time soon. 


Would you recommend it to others? Yes! 


Conclusion: What's not to love about this great summer dress that drapes and flows beautifully.  

Accessories: Nine West Purse, Easy Spirit Shoes and DKNY Sunshades. 


I'm very new to blogging but stay tuned, there will be more exciting things to come as I learn my way in the blogging world.  

Dee's doing it the Plus Style Way!










No comments:

Post a Comment