Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me and DIY McCalls Pattern M6969

Hello to all my Darlings!

Today is my birthday and I can't tell you how overjoyed I am to have made it another year. I have only my GOD to thank for that.

There are so many thoughts and feelings that came to me on this special day. As I approach this brand new year, I plan to strengthen my relationship with God, family and my friends. All relationships should be tuned up yearly, just like your car. Then you have some that need maintenance throughout the year to keep it running smooth. So I plan on fine tuning some thing's and relationship's in my life. You know what I mean?


And if this is the day you were born then I celebrate with you as well! 
Will you reflect back over the year and see what things you can fine tune?

So I wanted to make something new to wear on my Birthday and found this cute little McCalls romper/jumpsuit pattern from Hancock Fabrics for .99


Pattern Description:  Misses' Rompers and Jumpsuits - Rompers and jumpsuits have front button closing A and B: semi-fitted, shoulder straps.B: tapered, elasticized lower edge. C and D: loose-fitting, collar. A, C and D: wide-legged. Purchased bias tape for elasticized waist casing BC and armholes C and D.

McCalls M6969 View D

Did it look like the photo/drawing 

on the pattern envelope once you were done: Yes

Pattern Difficulty: Easy, Really Easy!

Was the instructions easy to follow? Yes 


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love how easy this came together, so if you've been in a sewing slump then sew this baby. It does not disappoint and you'll have a great number to add to the wardrobe. Nothing to dislike.

Fabric Used: Blue Tie Dye Stretch Denim from Denver Fabrics here.
Here are some other suggested fabrics this or this.

Pattern Cut in Size: XXL


Fitting: It was spot on after some minor alterations.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I took 3 inches off each pant leg starting from the bottom merging up to the hip, it was a bit too wide for my liking. I also graded down the waist area to the XL size and left the hip area at the XXL.


Would you sew it again? Yes


Would you recommend it to others? Yes! It really was easy to sew and I love the fit.


Conclusion: I love the wide pant leg, it reminded me of something my mother wore back in the early seventies but with a new twist.

Accessories: Dooney Bourke Purse and Jessica Simpson Shoes here.

I'm very new to blogging but stay tuned, there will be more exciting things to come as I 
learn my way in the blogging world.

Dee's Doing it the Plus Style Way!








No comments:

Post a Comment